Historic Marker Text
Year Approved
Location
City/Town
ELIAS H. GEIGER
1819-1895. BUILT THIS HOME
IN 1871. ORPHANED AT AGE 7,
BECAME A CARPENTER, FARMER,
OWNER OF STEAM SAWMILLS
AND LARGE TRACTS OF LAND.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2016
2016

10693 Geiger Road

Lat 42.5196  Long -77.271

Dansville
EARLY CEMETERY
REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETERAN
NATHANIEL PORTER BURIED 1797.
SOME EARLY RESIDENTS
STILL INTERRED HERE AFTER
HEADSTONES REMOVED IN 19TH C.
WILLIAM G. P0MEROY FOUNDATION 2016
2016

West Liberty Street                   

Lat 42.5568 Long -77.6953

Dansville
OAKWOOD CEMETERY
DESIGNED 1865 BY H.B. ALLEN
IN RURAL GARDEN STYLE. OLD
BURIAL GROUNDS ANNEXED 1900.
RESTING PLACE OF MANY
VETERANS, 2 U.S. CONGRESSMEN. 
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2015
2015 34 West Street

Lat N42° 35' 0.90" Long W77° 56' 35.44"
Nunda
"NUNDA VALLEY"
EARLY NAME OF SETTLEMENT.
SQUARE LAID OUT BY 1830.
ORIGINAL ROW BUILDINGS
BUILT BEFORE 1840.
VILLAGE INCORPORATED 1839
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2014
2014 N. State Street, Village Square

Lat N42° 34' 54.52" Long 77° 56' 29.61"
Village of Nunda
LOCK 42
IN USE FROM 1851-1878 ON
THE GENESEE VALLEY CANAL.
CANAL LINKED ERIE CANAL IN
ROCHESTER WITH ALLEGHENY
RIVER NEAR OLEAN NY.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2014
2014 Route 408

Lat N42°  35' 1.09" Long W77° 56' 29.45"
Village of Nunda
GARDEAU TRACT
SOUTH BORDER OF RESERVATION
SET ASIDE FOR MARY JEMISON
WHITE WOMAN OF THE GENESEE
DURING THE BIG TREE TREATY
OF 1797 AT GENESEO N.Y.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2014
2014 Park Road, Letchworth State Park

Lat N42° 36.949" Long W77° 59.995"
Castile
GARDEAU TRACT
NORTH BORDER OF RESERVATION
SET ASIDE FOR MARY JEMISON
WHITE WOMAN OF THE GENESEE
DURING THE BIG TREE TREATY
OF 1797 AT GENESEO N.Y.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2014
2014 Park Road, Letchworth State Park

Lat N42° 41.157" Long W77° 57.821"
Castile

ISAAC HAMPTON
(1821-1896) FARMER & SAWMILL
OWNER. 1856 MEMBER OF N.Y.
ASSEMBLY. 1864 APPOINTED
POSTMASTER BY PRES. LINCOLN.
TOWN SUPERVISOR MANY TERMS.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2013

2013 Ossian Town Hall, 4706 Ossian Hill Rd

Lat N42° 31' 16.10" Long W77° 46' 43.89"
Town of Ossian
THE FIRST
PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF OSSIAN
FORMED SEPTEMBER 29, 1818 BY
REV ROBERT HUBBARD, ELDERS
JAMES HAYNES & JACOB CLENDENIN
BUILDING BUILT PRIOR TO 1845.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2013
2013 4817 Ossian Hill Road

Lat N42° 31' 31.43" Long W77° 46' 27.32"
Town of Ossian