Historic Marker Text
Year Approved
Location
City/Town
CHAMPLAIN CANAL
ADVOCATED IN 1792 BY PHILIP
SCHUYLER. BUILT 1823 TO
TRANSPORT GOODS TO MARKET.
SCHUYLER FAMILY OWNED
FARM ON THIS SITE.  
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2016
2016 1060 US Route 4                         Lat 43 05' 11.9" N  Long -73 35' 00.4" W Schuylerville
PINE GROVE
SITE OF THE WALWORTH HOME
1823-1952 AND WAS HOME TO
ELLEN HARDING WALWORTH, ONE
OF FOUR FOUNDERS OF THE
NATIONAL SOCIETY DAR 1890
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2015
2015 525-527 N. Broadway                   Lat N. 43° 5' 9.95"      Long W 73° 47' 0.99"W Saratoga Springs
FREDERICK DOUGLASS
AFRICAN-AMERICAN SOCIAL
REFORMER SPOKE AT DEAN'S
CORNERS SCHOOL HOUSE
JUNE 9, 1849 TO A CROWD
OF QUAKER ABOLITIONISTS
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2015
2015 182 County Rd. 67

Lat N43° 2' 56.98" Long W73° 40' 41.20"
Stillwater
SITE OF TAVERN
OWNED BY JOSEPH AND ABIGAIL
BETTYS, UNFORTUNATE PARENTS.
THEIR SON JOSEPH, CONVICTED
AS A SPY AND TRAITOR,
WAS HUNG IN 1782.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2013
2013 Hillside Cemetery, Kingsley Road, Burnt Hills, NY 12027.

Lat N42° 54' 20.50" Long W73° 53' 47.34"
Ballston Spa