Historic Marker Text
Year Approved
Location
City/Town
army camp 1776 roadside marker graphic ARMY CAMP 1776
CONTINENTAL ARMY TROOPS
CAMPED IN THIS AREA, PART OF
PHILIPSBURG MANOR, PRIOR TO
THE BATTLE OF WHITE PLAINS,
OCTOBER 28, 1776.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2017
2017 61 Hearthstone Road N 40 deg 59' 2", W 73 deg 50' 8.5" Yonkers
SPENCER OPTICAL
THIS AREA, ONCE HAMLET OF
KIRBYVILLE, WAS HOME TO
ONE OF THE LARGEST
MANUFACTURERS OF OPTICAL GOODS
FROM 1874 TO 1888
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2014
2014 Route 117

Lat N41° 11' 24.42" Long W73° 43' 48.21"
Westchester
FRENCH CAMP
HEREABOUTS, FRENCH TROOPS,
UNDER COUNT DE ROCHAMBEAU,
SENT TO ASSIST WASHINGTON
MADE THEIR CAMP JULY 6,
TO AUGUST 19, 1781
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2014
2014 Underhill & Clayton Roads

Lat N41° 0' 29.89" Long W73° 49' 14.64"
Scarsdale

DALE CEMETERY
SING SING CITIZENS BOUGHT
THIS LAND CA. 1850 TO BUILD
A PARK-LIKE RURAL CEMETERY.
HOWARD DANIELS, ARCHITECT
AARON WARD, FIRST PRESIDENT
 WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2013

2013 104 Havell Street

Lat N41° 10' 16.52" Long W73° 51' 25.74"
Ossining