The William G. Pomeroy Foundation
Professional Development Grant Application
NYS Historical Societies
The William G. Pomeroy Foundation will offer need based scholarships of $1,000 each for historical societies in New York State for professional development purposes.
Scholarships for professional development are to be used as follows:
- Membership in MANY if not already a member.
- Registration to attend MANY Conference if not attended in the past two years.
- Membership to join NYCON if not already a member.
- One other professional development opportunity of your choice.
Criteria for this grant:
- Grants are available to 501(c)(3) Historical Societies in New York State.
- Annual budget cannot exceed $50,000.
- One grant per organization per year.
- Cannot have attended the MANY Conference in 2016 or 2017.
- A final report on your professional development experience is due to The William G. Pomeroy Foundation by the end of the calendar year.
We will open the grant application process for next year in January 2018.
Please contact The William G. Pomeroy Foundation at email@example.com or 315-913-4060 with any questions.
About Museum Association of New York (MANY)
MANY is a not-for profit organization that supports New York museums, historical sites and cultural institutions. MANY is a membership based organization that provides professional development, legislative monitoring and advocacy, support and guidance for capacity building and numerous workshops. MANY is committed to strengthening the state’s museum, heritage and cultural community. For more information visit their website at www.manyonline.org.
About New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. (NYCON)
NYCON is a 501©(3) statewide association that provides a collective policy voice for the nonprofit sector and serves as a crucial support and information provider. NYCON works together with their members, other nonprofits, communities, funders and stakeholders to build the capacity of nonprofits and communities to enhance the quality of life through responsive, cost-effective service and by forming a long-term, multi-layered service relationship with their member nonprofits.
For more information visit their website at www.nycon.org.