General Walter Martin House National Register Marker Dedication
The Lewis County Historical Society will be hosting a dedication ceremony for a new National Register marker commemorating the historic General Walter Martin House in Martinsburg, N.Y. The unveiling ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 10 as part of events kicking off Martinsburg Day.
The General Walter Martin House was added to National Register of Historic Places in 2008. The building is one of the oldest limestone houses in Lewis County. The central portion of the house was completed in 1805. The Lewis County Historical Society acquired the property in 2005 and is currently in the process of restoring the house.
GENERAL WALTER MARTIN HOUSE
HAS BEEN PLACED ON THE
NATIONAL REGISTER OF
HISTORIC PLACES IN 2008
BY THE UNITED STATES
DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2018