The William G. Pomeroy Foundation makes grants to 501(c)(3) organizations, nonprofit educational institutions and local, state and federal government entities to help raise awareness, support research and improve the quality of care for patients and their families who are facing a blood cancer diagnosis. We are proud to support the work of many great organizations who share in our passion to help save lives. Below are some examples:
- we established two funds at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute which focus on AML research and stem cell transplant research;
- we support many health-related initiatives at Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, NY, including annual scholarships for the Pomeroy College of Nursing;
- we sponsor the Blood & Marrow Transplant Information Network’s (BMT InfoNet) highly acclaimed Celebrating a Second Chance at Life Survivorship Symposium;
- we cover the cost of lodging at Sarah’s Guest House in Syracuse, NY for any individual receiving leukemia related care in Central New York and/or their loved one;
- and, in addition to supporting bone marrow registration drives, we support and work closely with Be The Match® operated by the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP) – the largest and most diverse marrow registry in the world
In addition to these programs, our Foundation will consider applications from other qualified organizations with similar missions and focus. All grant requests must be submitted through our online application portal.