Join The Team
Opportunities for Consultants
We are seeking consultants who are passionate about helping others uncover and celebrate their local history. This is an exciting opportunity to help us expand our Historic Roadside Marker Grant Program commemorating historic people, places or things in the State of New York and beyond. This is ideal for someone wishing to work remotely, maintain a flexible work schedule, and use state-of-the art grant-making software. If interested in consulting opportunities, please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Extensive knowledge of New York State history including the creation of government and legal records.
- Ability to identify primary sources for historical research.
- Knowledge of location of primary sources to assist grantees in their search.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Patience and demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals and personalities with various levels of knowledge of historical records.
- Excellent online research skills.
- Ability to use grant software.
- Preferred graduate level study in history or related fields.
Scope of Work
- Assist grant applicants in locating documentation needed to validate text of proposed historic marker.
- Assist grant applicants in rewriting marker inscription to meet Foundation requirements.
- Work directly with applicants including local governments, public historians, historical societies and other not-for-profit organizations via telephone, email and Foundation’s online grant management system.
- Communicate with Foundation staff on a regular and timely basis.
- Submit progress reports as requested by Foundation.
- Complete work within assigned timeline.
Intern with Us
Are you interested in careers related to history or patient care, particularly those facing a blood cancer diagnosis? Then consider interning with the Pomeroy Foundation! Contact us to inquire whether we currently have any internship opportunities and let us know your area of expertise.