Kayaderosseras NYS Historic Marker Dedication
On Saturday, June 15, the Saratoga County Historian and the Town of Ballston will host a dedication ceremony for a historic roadside marker commemorating the importance of the Kayaderosseras Patent, which is the single largest land grant in Saratoga County. The dedication will begin at 10 a.m. near the public parking area for the Town of Ballston Fishing Pier on Outlet Road.
Although the Kayaderosseras Patent was originally issued in 1708 by Great Britain’s Queen Anne, several factors delayed overall settlement for six decades, including the French and Indian War, and a boundary dispute between the patentees and the Mohawks.
VAST LAND PATENT ISSUED 1708
BY QUEEN ANNE INCLUDED THIS
AREA. BOUNDARY DISPUTE WITH
IROQUOIS NATION RESOLVED 1768.
SETTLEMENT BEGAN NEARBY 1771.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2018