Locktender’s House Historic Transportation Canal Marker Dedication
On Saturday, Sept. 21, the Village of Jordan will unveil a new marker commemorating one of the only remaining locktender houses on the original Erie Canal. The ceremony will begin at 4 p.m. next to the Canalway Trail on the North Chappell Street side of the municipal village lot at 25 North Beaver Street. The marker is part of the Pomeroy Foundation’s Historic Transportation Canals Marker Grant Program. The marker dedication on September 21 coincides with the 2019 Jordan Fall Festival.
SERVED ERIE CANAL LOCK 51
LOCATED WEST OF JORDAN.
LOCK ACTIVE CA. 1858-1917.
THIS RARE ERIE CANAL BLDG.
MOVED HERE 1988 AND RESTORED.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2019