BLOSSOM

Program
NYS Historic
Subject
Site
Location
431 Main Street, Elma, NY
Lat/Long
42.856892, -78.692665
Grant Recipient
Elma Historical Society
Historic Marker

BLOSSOM

Inscription

BLOSSOM
RELIGIOUS SOCIETY KNOWN AS
EBENEZERS NAMED THIS HAMLET
UPPER EBENEZER IN 1844.
NAME WAS CHANGED TO
BLOSSOM CA. 1866.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2016

The hamlet of Blossom, located in the Town of Elma, was originally named Upper Ebenezer after the religious group named the Ebenezers. The Ebenezers changed their name to the Blossom Religious Society and in turn changed the name of the hamlet to Blossom around 1866.