- Grant Recipient
Industry & Commerce
- 410 Fair Oak St, Little Valley, NY 14755, USA
- 42.2487761, -78.8054998
Village of Little Valley
Case Brothers Cutlery began in a barn turned factory behind the house at this location. The house was utilized as an office beginning in ca. 1898 until 1912, when the factory burned down. They manufactured pocket knives, fixed bladed knives, kitchen knives and other blades. The company’s namesake, William Russell Case, first made knives with his brothers under the name Case Brothers Cutlery Company. His son, John Russell Case, worked as a salesman for his father’s company before founding W.R. Case & Sons, now located in Bradford, PA. The company used the trademark “Tested XX” which came to define the quality of the their knives.