- Grant Recipient
- 7030 Washington St., Pendleton, NY
- 43.087185, -78.727943
The Village of Pendleton was established in 1821 with the construction of a log tavern by Sylvester Pendleton Clark. The post office was built in 1823 and Clark was appointed postmaster. Business soon followed and the Town of Pendleton was created by the New York Legislation in 1827, receiving its name from Pendleton village.