- Grant Recipient
Industry & Commerce
- 2837 Union Center Main Hwy, Johnson City, NY
- 42.207839, -76.049333
Nanticoke Valley Historical Society
GRIST MILL FOUNDED CA. 1830
BY H. B. & DANIEL SLOSSON.
OWNED BY A. PITCHER 1920-1949,
CLOSED IN 1955. DONATED TO
HISTORICAL SOCIETY IN 1988.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2017
Pitcher’s Mill, owned by Archie Pitcher from 1920-1949, was a grist mill that produced flour for the community of Maine, New York for several years. The mill, originally built by Henry Belden Slosson and Daniel Slosson sometime around the 1830s, was powered by the local waters and remained in operation until 1955. In 1988 the mill was donated to the Nanticoke Valley Historical Society. It was restored and reopened to the public for tours.