- Grant Recipient
- 4 Main St, Kings Park, NY 11754, USA
- 40.883966, -73.253774
Town of Smithtown
In 1872 the Smithtown & Jefferson Railroad built a line through Meadow Glen. Later that fall the St. Johnland Train Station was established near the St. Johnland Institute for Children, which lent its name to the new station. Following the rail line acquisition by the Long Island Railroad the station name was changed to King’s Park. In 1898 a spur was built from the station to the Long Island State Hospital, also known as the Kings Park Psychiatric Center. The original station was demolished in 1948.