- Grant Recipient
- 6144 Rush Lima Road, Rush, NY
- 42.99107, -77.64263
Town of Rush
Located in the community of Rush, New York was the District No. 10 School. Originally built in 1845, it was replaced with a new building in 1884. The following year the school bell was installed. As the surrounding population grew, the need for more space increased and in 1913 an addition was added. Due to an accidental fire believed to have been caused by the school’s aging furnace, the school house was lost in 1916. By 1917 the newest school house, which housed two local schools, was completed. By 1947 the school was replaced by the centralization of the Rush and Henrietta schools. The former District No. 10 School building was sold in 1953.