LIRR MAIN LINE
- Grant Recipient
- Long Island Avenue at Doe Street, Wyandanch, NY
- 40.75637, -73.357762
Town of Babylon History Museum
This railroad line from Brooklyn passed through here around 1842. The first depot was built in 1875 and was named West Deer Park. In 1889 the name was changed to Wyandanch.
Long Island Rail Road, Alphabetical Station Listing and History, compiled by Dave Keller, et. al., records a total of four depots throughout the station’s history. The original West Deer Park depot, later appears as Wyandanch in CR-4 1903, LIRR’s List of Stations and Sidings. This structure was razed in 1958. A second depot dates from this period. It functioned until 1987 when it, too, was razed. In this same year, a third relocated depot reopened on the former site of the original depot.
In 2018, a fourth station was opened and rededicated. As part of the Double Track Project in partnership with the Town of Babylon and Suffolk County revitalization efforts, the LIRR built two new 12-car-long platforms that include a snow melt system, a pedestrian overpass with elevators, new stairs, new canopies and new platform shelters.
As of 2019, Wyandanch station is a stop along the Main Line (Ronkonkoma Branch-Fare Zone 9) of the Long Island Rail Road. It is located at Straight Path and Long Island Ave., off Acorn St.