- Grant Recipient
- 1185 Macedon Center Road, Town of Macedon, NY
- 43.094297, -77.321071
Town of Macedon
Established in 1841, the Macedon Academy provided an education beyond the level of district or common schools for the Town of Macedon. The Academy operated until 1902, when the Macedon High School opened. The Academy promoted equality of all people and many of its attendees were from Quaker families. On March 6, 1861, Frederick Douglass spoke here during a visit to the area. The building is now home to the Macedon Historical Society.