- Grant Recipient
- 401 W Main St, Montour Falls, NY 14865, USA
- 42.345830, -76.848897
Schuyler County Historical Society
The Montour House has a rich, colorful history and is one of the oldest buildings in the village of Montour Falls. Located near the falls, the 165-year-old structure was the social center of the town, serving as a hotel, tavern, and bank. With its location convenient to the Chemung Canal, canal toll receipts were kept there. The historic building was completed in 1854 by Charles Cook, a major benefactor of the village who resided in the hotel until his death in 1866.