- Grant Recipient
- 5615 Williams Street, Middlesex, NY
- 42.7045, -77.27456
Town of Middlesex
In the late 1800s, Middlesex was a large agricultural community. The railroad provided the farmers a way to transport their produce to other markets. Mail and passenger services were also provided. Initially built for the Middlesex Valley Railroad, the station was struck by lightening and burned down in 1915. It was rebuilt in 1921 for the Lehigh Valley Railroad and served until its closure in 1970.