UNION SCHOOL

Program
NYS Historic
Subject
Education
Location
133 County Road 13, South Otselic, NY
Lat/Long
42.584554, -75.866392
Grant Recipient
Otselic Valley Fishing & Heritage Association
Historic Marker

UNION SCHOOL

Inscription

UNION SCHOOL
BUILT HERE IN 1899.
SERVED SOUTH OTSELIC AND
THE SURROUNDING AREA UNTIL
REPLACED BY THE
CENTRAL SCHOOL IN 1936.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2017

Site of the Union Free School, which opened in January 1899, at a cost of $5,000 to construct. It was replaced in 1936 by the Central School.