Consultant Opportunities FAQ
- Extensive knowledge of New York State history including the creation of government and legal records.
- Ability to identify primary sources for historical research.
- Knowledge of location of primary sources to assist grantees in their search.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Patience and demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals and personalities with various levels of knowledge of historical records.
- Excellent online research skills.
- Ability to use grant software.
- Preferred graduate level study in history or related fields.
Scope of Work
- Assist grant applicants in locating documentation needed to validate text of proposed historic marker.
- Assist grant applicants in rewriting marker inscription to meet Foundation requirements.
- Work directly with applicants including local governments, public historians, historical societies and other not-for-profit organizations via telephone, email and Foundation’s online grant management system.
- Communicate with Foundation staff on a regular and timely basis.
- Submit progress reports as requested by Foundation.
- Complete work within assigned timeline.