- Grant Recipient
- 1855 Lewiston Road, Basom, NY
- 43.096531, -78.357824
Town of Alabama History Department
The Town of Alabama was established in 1826 as the Town of Gerrysville; the name was changed to Alabama in 1828. Through the years, the cemetery has been known by several names, mostly associated with landowners adjacent to the lot, including White Cemetery, Stevens Cemetery, Norton Cemetery and Wheatville Cemetery. The earliest known burial was Elizabeth Starkweather, wife of Amos Starkweather, on April 21, 1829. The last known burial was that of Harmon J. Norton on May 19, 1900.