- Grant Recipient
- 2781 State Route 26, Cincinnatus, NY, USA
- 42.54185820000001, -75.90206810000001
Cincinnatus Area Heritage Society
CHURCH BUILT IN 1832
BY UNION CONGREGATIONAL
SOCIETY. PURCHASED BY
CINCINNATUS AREA HERITAGE
SOCIETY IN 1978.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2019
The Union Congregational Society of Cincinnatus and Solon formed November 18, 1822. By 1830, the Society had resolved to build a meeting house as they had been holding meetings at a local school. That year, they purchased land from Samuel Smith of Bristol, Rhode Island, for $1.00 and appointed a building committee. A local resident, Col. James Punderford was chosen as the builder, completing the structure February 15, 1832. The Cincinnatus Area Heritage Society purchased the building in 1978 from then-owners, United Presbyterian Church of Cincinnatus. It has since been listed on both State and National Registers of Historic Places.