MEETING HOUSE

Program
NYS Historic
Subject
Arts & Culture, Religion
Location
173 Cayuga St, Union Springs, NY 13160, USA
Lat/Long
42.843096, -76.692087
Grant Recipient
Springport Free Library
Historic Marker

MEETING HOUSE

Inscription

MEETING HOUSE
BUILT 1859 FOR THE SOCIETY
OF FRIENDS. SOLD IN 1910 TO
SPRINGPORT FREE LIBRARY
BY SCIPIO MONTHLY
MEETING OF FRIENDS.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2019

Built in 1859, the Meeting House served local Quaker residents until 1910 when the Scipio Monthly Meeting of Friends sold it to the Springport Free Library. This structure still stands today and continues to serve the community as the Springport Free Library.


Links