SCHOOL & ACADEMY
- Grant Recipient
- 1348 Pettit Street, Fabius, NY
- 42.836063, -75.986848
Town of Fabius
The Fabius Academy was established by the Regents of New York in 1840. Elisha Sprague, the founder of the Academy, procured funds and support to erect and furnish the building on this site in 1841. In 1849 the Academy building was sold to the school district, later being renamed the Fabius Union Free School & Academy. In 1895, a teacher’s training class was located at the school, which became a middle school in 1898 and a high school in 1899. The school closed in 1930 when the school districts centralized.