THE FIRST

Program
NYS Historic
Subject
Religion
Location
4817 Ossian Hill Road, Ossian, NY
Lat/Long
42.524932, -77.773741
Grant Recipient
Town of Ossian
Historic Marker

THE FIRST

Inscription

THE FIRST
PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF OSSIAN
FORMED SEPTEMBER 29, 1818 BY
REV ROBERT HUBBARD, ELDERS
JAMES HAYNES & JACOB CLENDENIN
BUILDING BUILT PRIOR TO 1845.
WILLIAM G. POMEROY FOUNDATION 2013

In 1818, Reverend Robert Hubbard and Church Elders James Haynes and Jacob Clendenin, established the First Presbyterian Church of Ossian. The construction of the church was completed sometime prior to 1845.


Links