Professional Development Grants
Professional Development Grant Application for NYS Historical Societies and Cultural Museums
The Pomeroy Foundation provides need-based scholarships of $1,000 each to historical societies and cultural museums in New York State for professional development purposes.
Scholarships for professional development are to be used as follows:
- Membership in Museum Association of New York (MANY) if not already a member.
- Registration and travel related expenses to attend MANY Conference if not attended in the past two years.
- Membership to join New York Council of Nonprofits (NYCON), if not already a member.
- Any remaining funds can be used toward one other professional development opportunity of your choice.
Criteria to receive this grant:
- Grants are available to 501(c)(3) historical societies and cultural museums in New York State.
- Annual budget cannot exceed $100,000.
- One grant per organization per year.
- Cannot have attended the MANY Conference in the past two years.
- A final report on your professional development experience is due to the Pomeroy Foundation by the end of the calendar year.
*The grant application process for 2020 is now closed. The deadline to apply was 02/15/20. The 2021 application will become available online in early January 2021.*
Categories: Grant Application