Professional Development Grant
Professional Development Grant Application for NYS Historical Societies and Cultural Museums
The Pomeroy Foundation provides need-based scholarships of $1,000 each to historical societies and cultural museums in New York State for professional development purposes.
Scholarships for professional development are to be used as follows:
- Membership in Museum Association of New York (MANY) if not already a member.
- Registration and travel related expenses to attend MANY Conference if not attended in the past two years.
- Membership to join New York Council of Nonprofits (NYCON), if not already a member.
- One other professional development opportunity of your choice.
Criteria to receive this grant:
- Grants are available to 501(c)(3) historical societies and cultural museums in New York State.
- Annual budget cannot exceed $100,000.
- One grant per organization per year.
- Cannot have attended the MANY Conference in the past two years.
- A final report on your professional development experience is due to the Pomeroy Foundation by the end of the calendar year.
The grant application process for 2019 is now closed. It will reopen January 2020.
Categories: Grant Application