Legends & Lore®
We’re proudly partnered with:
- Alabama Folklife Association
- Center for Louisiana Studies at University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Connecticut Historical Society
- Missouri Folk Arts Program at University of Missouri
- New York Folklore
- North Carolina Folklife Institute
- Oregon Folklife Network
- Vermont Folklife Center
- West Virginia Folklife Program at West Virginia Humanities Council
We’re Seeking Legends & Lore® Partners!
Communities want to celebrate their folklore and we want to help! But before we can bring the Legends & Lore marker program to your state, we need a partner. Helping communities celebrate folklore is a collaborative effort. That’s why our partner organizations have played such an important role in the success of Legends & Lore.
Eligibility and Benefits
Legends & Lore partners should be 501(c)(3) organizations, nonprofit academic institutions or state supported councils/agencies with a state-wide reach. The Foundation will provide the following:
- Annual financial contribution to partner organization
- Organization’s name will appear on every marker’s credit line
- Review online grant applications
- Confirm legitimacy and accuracy of proposed inscription
- Ensure proposed text is well-written and conforms to inscription guidelines
- Make recommendation for, or against, the awarding of a grant
- Promote program within your state/region to generate grant applications
Partner With Us
If you and your organization would like to help raise folklore awareness in your state as a Legends & Lore partner, let us know by calling 315-913-4060 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.